All persons attending the Demonstration should ensure that social distancing is practiced
traveling to and from, and during the FIXTHECOUNTRY Demonstration. This means
- Each person will be expected to stay at least 2 metres (3 steps) away from anyone they do not live with.
- Each person must wash their hands with soap and water before you leave the house
- Each person must use hand sanitiser gel regularly during the March
- Each person must wash their hands as soon as they get home – do this for atleast 20 seconds
- Each person must cover their mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Each person must carry a utility bag in which they will put used and wash their hands afterward or use hand sanitisers immediately after
- Each person must refrain from touching their eyes, nose, or mouth if their hands are not clean.
- The organizers shall ensure that each person wears and keeps their face covering at all times. A face-covering means something that covers your nose and mouth, such as a mask.
- The Organizers will distribute masks to anyone who comes without a mask.
- People will be advised to refrain from share their face covering with others.
- Observe all current travel restrictions relating to public transport use when traveling to the gathering Grounds at the Independence Square.
- However, avoid using public transport where possible. Travel to and from the Demonstration by foot or cycle.
Health protection advice for participation in the Demonstration
Things to consider before choosing to attend the
4th of August 2021 First#FIXTHECOUNTRY Demonstration:
- do not attend the event if you have symptoms of COVID-19 (a new cough, fever or change in your sense of taste or smell) – stay home and get tested to protect others
- consider who is in your household. Do you live with people who have health conditions and are extremely vulnerable to catching COVID-19 and becoming ill? Think about how they can continue to be protected
- avoid the event if you do not feel that you will be able to keep 2m apart from others, to reduce your risk of acquiring infection
- consider alternative ways to show your support, such as donating funds, supporting initiatives or virtually protesting via social media channels
- handwashing stations won’t be available everywhere. Take hand sanitiser with you and use it often
- toilet facilities won’t be available to use.
- water filling stations won’t be available to use. Bring water with you and stay hydrated. Do not share your bottle with anyone else.
- Protect yourself and others
- Consider who else is in your household and their vulnerability to infection so that you protect them
- Don’t come out to demonstrate if you have any symptoms
- Wash your hands before you leave the house and use hand sanitiser regularly when you’re out
- Keep 2m apart from others on your journey to and from, and during the protest
- Wear a face covering
- Walk or cycle there and back if you can
- Do not attend the protest if you have symptoms of COVID-19 (a new cough, fever or change in your sense of taste or smell) – stay home and get tested to protect others.
- After going to the protest if you develop cough, fever, or change in your sense of taste or smell, stay home and get tested.